Sunday, November 3, 2013

Weekend in review

Yesterday was another eventful Saturday in the Simoni household.  Things I observed:

1.  7th and 8th grade boys and girls throw pies much more accurately than 6th grade girls.  I was covered in shaving cream, John was not.  I teach the wrong grade. 

2.  If and when you go to a haunted house, you need to stare fear in the face and just scream back.  This is a good adage for life AND when walking through a haunted house with your friends.  Haunted house actors can't touch you.  They just make you feel uncomfortable, SO just make them feel uncomfortable by mimicking everything they do. 
    If they scream in your face, scream right back.  If they get in your personal space, stare them down and smile.  It works to try to act just as scary as them.  You may be labeled a little weird, but it's better than going through fearful of everything around the corner.    Again, a good adage for life AND when walking through a haunted house with your friends.  Also, Whataburger when done with scary activities is AWESOME.  Northern peeps, you have no idea what you're missing. 

3.  Beautiful days need to be spent outside.  I'm stuck in Startbucks grading right now.  As soon as I'm done creating an amazing literary devices quiz, I'm taking my work home and outside and grading till my little heart's content. 

Hope you all had just as much fun as I did!  This upcoming weekend...New Orleans.  I am sad I didn't take many pictures this weekend.  I'm always trying to find a balance between capturing the moment so I can look back, and then just LIVING in the moment.  Maybe this weekend calls for more capturing.  We will see what I can do.  New Orleans is too beautiful NOT to take pictures.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment