Saturday, October 25, 2014

Dreamers anonymous

I have the dreamer disease.  I like to think of ways to change the world or improve my life and never really go all the way. 

There are so many things that I love to do and want to do, I just don't go 100%.  That's a problem.  I will do them here and there and never really master them.  Everything from photography to playing the ukulele to running to writing.  In the words of the classic philosopher, Homer *ahem* Simpson, "...just go in every day and do it really half-assed - that's the American way."

I hate to say it, but I do MANY things half-assed.  That's a problem.  I think it's time to get down to the business of doing just a few things really well.  I'm hoping I'm not the only person with this problem.  I have a feeling many of us run around trying to look busier than we really are, when in fact, we are just running around doing a lot of things half...well you get the picture.   

I found an old high school acquaintance on Twitter.  He wrote a book.  It shook me.  Here is a person who is DEFINITELY not just sitting around dreaming, he's DOING.  I think that's pretty amazing.

So, it's time to focus in and start doing some things really, really well.

 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment