Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What I read



 Not that good:



Amazing:



I've been on a feminist kick lately.  I read Bossypants first.  Personally, I feel like every twenty-something year old girl needs to read this book.  It's funny, she's honest, I can relate to Tina Fey.  I've read a sample of Amy Poehler's new book Yes Please and I already know I'm going to love it.  I wish I was friends with these two women.


Lena and I on the other hand do not click.  I trudged through her book, she seems fake, I can't relate to Lena.  She grew up in New York City, had liberal artist parents, and went to private schools and sleep away camps for the rich and famous.  She had some good moments that I highlighted and shook my head in recognition to, but for the most part, I just can't relate.

Tina, on the other hand, grew up in a small town, had staunch conservative parents, and is constantly wanting to please everyone around her, yet still try to stand on her own.  Yeah, that I can wrap my mind around.

So, girls of a twenty-something age,  now that I am almost a ripe 29, my greatest advice is READ READ READ and LEARN LEARN LEARN and then APPLY APPLY APPLY.  Try to learn as much as you can from people wildly more successful than you and apply it to your own life.  Maybe something will stick.  

No comments:

Post a Comment