Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Love letter to a late night host

Dear Jimmy Fallon,
     You may not know this, but you have been with my husband and me through every stage of our relationship.  We fell in love over Fever Pitch, we watched you late at night after coming home from the bar with our friends, and now you are here for the best stage of all. 

     When I think back of these early days with our baby, I'm not going to be thinking about being exhausted at night, trying to keep my eyes open in order to feed her.  I'm going to be thinking about laughing and watching you with with her in my arms.

     I was able to spend some time every night watching you, laughing with her.  I can't help but think of all the other late night moms in my same position.

    So, thank you Jimmy Fallon.  Thanks for being one more marker in my mind of what these early days and nights with her were like.  I'll never forget it.





     

No comments:

Post a Comment