Tuesday, October 22, 2013

At least I'm trying...

So, day went well, sort of.

Here's the thing.  Being a teacher, you are front and center.  You are constantly being judged, criticized, and evaluated from every angle.  You can't escape it.

You will get the critics and those that adore you.  There are days, like today, where you wonder, "do any of my student really like me?  Am I really making an impact?  Am I a good teacher?"

There were moments in the past where I dwelt on negative comments daily and monthly.  I could never let it go and just be a teacher and do better next time.

So, what made God think that this terribly insecure, horribly inadequate human being would make a good teacher?  In that, I have to give Him all the praise.  2 Corinthians 12:9 says, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.."  

I am not a perfect teacher by any means, but I will keep relying on Him to help me through.  

Obviously I was called to my school for a reason, and until that reason is fulfilled, I need to quiet the doubt and just know God's grace is enough.  

One of my favorite quotes right now is by Teddy Roosevelt.  I may have said it before, but it states:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

I'm in that arena daily, giving it my all.  God, all I ask is that you stay with me until the end.  I may end up a little bloody and bruised, but at least I'm trying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment