Friday, October 4, 2013

Livin' for the weekend

I feel like this post needs some music.  I'm going to suggest reading this post to "working for the weekend" by Loverboy.  I am also going to suggest watching the Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze Chip-N-Dale's audition after that.  Google it.  It's awesome.   

I love being a teacher, don't get me wrong.  I love my job, I love my kids, but there's something about the weekend.  I have to hold back on Fridays when my kids say, "I can't wait to get out of here and go home."  I want to yell, "ME TOO," but I know that would be unprofessional.

I love my weekends, and spending time with the hubs.  Usually we just sit around and do nothing, and by nothing I mean, I'm usually on Pinterest and John's playing NCAA football on XBOX, so we really are doing things, just not productive members of society things.

But THIS weekend, we are out there, participating in society.  First thing, we are going to see Gravity.  We didn't skimp out like we usually do either.  We are going to the 3-D, IMAX, make you want to vomit from motion sickness, movie experience.  I'm ready.

Second thing, we are going to Octoberfest in Kemah, and polkaing to our little hearts content.  We will drink a few drinks, walk hand in hand, and breathe the salty, gas refinery Texas Gulf breeze.   

Third thing, we are going to Schlitterban!  Water park fun time people.

Yes, we are taking this weekend by the horns and not letting go till Monday.  I'm SO ready.  BRING IT WEEKEND.

 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment